Motherwort herb is especially aligned with the healing of women. The herb has traditionally been used as a remedy for stress and tension during the later stages of pregnancy and the birth and the postnatal period.
Motherwort contains alkaloids, flavonoids, iridoids, tannins (5-9%), terpenoids, citric acid, malic acid, oleic acid, some bitter substances, carbohydrates, choline and a fenolglykosid.
- As a cardiovascular tonic - Due to the presence of the chemical alkaloid leonurine, a mild vasodilator, Motherwort acts as an anti-spasmodic to relax smooth muscles, one of those muscles being the heart. Its calming nature has also been shown to slow heart palpitations and a rapid heartbeat, making it an excellent remedy for cardiac anxiety.
- As a regulator of tachicardia - Motherwort helps regulate tachicardia (uneven heart beats), especially when due to stress and anxiety; this happens very quickly after dosage and can be a powerful ally for someone who feels their heart beat frequently due to tension and anxiety and especially for someone whose fear of having anxiety can turn into panic.
- Motherwort can help to decrease cholesterol and triglycerides, prevent blood clots and blood platelet aggregation, slow down heart rate and decrease blood pressure and improve heart circulation.
- As an emmenogogue - Motherwort acts as a uterine tonic which helps to regulate menstruation, bring on delayed periods and can reduce smooth muscle cramping – particularly menstrual cramps.
- Motherwort can also help relieve premenstrual tension and discomfort, calm menstrual pain by both reducing spasms in the uterus and improving blood flow to the pelvis.
- Motherwort can ease early labour pains if they begin prematurely. It can also alleviate the restlessness, anxiety, tension and insomnia some women experience during labour. Post natally, it is given to help the uterus relax and return to normal.
Preparation and dosage:
One teaspoon pour the glass of boiling water and leave under a cover for approx. 10-15 minutes until it infuses. Drink 1-2 times a day.
Ingredients: 100% Organic Leonuri herba
Country of Origin: Poland
This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Not intended for use by pregnant or nursing women. If you have a medical condition or are taking medication, consult your doctor prior to use.